Please read this policy to learn more about our privacy practices.
- This Policy explains the privacy practices of TravelsOnlines and its family of related companies including licensees (collectively, “TravelsOnlines”) and applies to your use of TravelsOnlines’s products and services, including the websites and Mobile Applications that link to this policy (collectively, the “Services”). For more information on our Services.
- This Policy covers how TravelsOnlines treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Services .
- When we refer to “personal information”, what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, credit card information, precise location data, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that TravelsOnlines does not own, control, employ or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing arrangements with third parties.
- Minors – You must be at least 18 years old to register or subscribe for TravelsOnlines’s Services because TravelsOnlines is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
Information Collection and Use
- TravelsOnlines collects personal information about you when you:
- Visit and use our websites or Mobile App;
- Register or subscribe for and sign in to our Services;
- Open our email newsletters or use TravelsOnlines software widgets;
- Visit the websites of or make bookings through some TravelsOnlines partners;
- Participate in a member review;
- Are referred deals by a user of the site; and
- Enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored by or in connection with TravelsOnlines. When you enter a promotion, sweepstakes, or contest hosted by TravelsOnlines or sponsored by TravelsOnlines and/or our many partners, we ask for your name, address, and email address. You may be asked to provide additional information or to answer certain questions, some of which may be optional, in order to participate. We may contact you in connection with a particular promotion, such as a sweepstakes or contest, in order to update you of your status, administer the promotion, let you know that a promotion has ended, and for other purposes.
- We may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, Instant Messaging address, mailing address (including country of residence, and telephone number;
- Billing information such as credit card information, and billing address;
- Demographic information such as birth year, gender and occupation;
- Information concerning your personal preferences, such as preferred airport, and other personal interests;
- We use this information to:
- Provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- Customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- Contact you with offers by TravelsOnlines and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- Conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers or other third parties;
- Estimate the total number of users visiting TravelsOnlines from specific countries or regions of the world;
- Assist third party advertisers to track the effectiveness of the promotions they run on our website, such as to track visits to and business on the advertised websites; and
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that we host.
- By signing up for our mobile services, downloading our mobile application or providing your phone number, you consent to receiving push notifications, advertising messages and text messages from TravelsOnlines relating to our products and services. To opt-out of receiving push notifications, you can disable push notifications on your mobile device system settings.
- When using our mobile website or application, if you tell TravelsOnlines where you are located (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send TravelsOnlines your precise location), TravelsOnlines may use that information to provide you with location-based information, tailored offers and advertising. Precise location information is not shared with any third parties who are not providing services to us. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
- TravelsOnlines may collect third party information in connection with our gift giving service. We will collect the relevant contact information of the gift recipient which may include name, address, and email address. We will use this third party information only for this service and not to market directly to the recipient unless the recipient is currently registered with TravelsOnlines independently. To provide this service, we obtain address information of the gift recipient from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify the address so we can properly ship your gift order and to prevent fraud.
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, TravelsOnlines cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the web page(s) you visit.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
- TravelsOnlines does not rent or sell personal information about you to third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- If you are making a purchase on the Site, we often work with third parties and trusted business partners to securely collect your credit card, billing address and other verifying information. Our third parties partners are required to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information they receive and/or process on our behalf. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and thus we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We assume no liability for disclosure of personal information due to, among other things, errors in transmission or unauthorized third parties;
- When you use our website or mobile platform to make a hotel booking or to take advantage of any of our other products and services, we may share your personal information with the Hotel or other involved third parties to provide you with services, or require that you transact directly with a third party partner. Additionally, we may partner with other companies to provide inventory as part of our booking service. A partner consists of a third party company with which we have contracted in order to provide you with our Services featured on our publications or booking platform. Should we partner with a company to provide you a booking, we may share your personal information with that third party partner.
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from TravelsOnlines and our marketing partners, or to provide you with our location based services. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share your personal data for any other purposes, however they may use aggregate data for statistical purposes;
- We may also provide data to our third party analytics partners, such as Google Analytics, for the purposes of tracking usage information. We will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
- We may contract with third parties to analyze our customer data and/or handle web chat, email, customer services and other services. These third parties may monitor or record telephone calls in order to evaluate and improve the overall customer experience. The companies we employ to help us with these tasks may have access to personal data to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes;
- We may invite you to write a member review on your personal experience and display the information that you provide us. When submitting a review you should not provide any personally information that you do not wish to make publicly available. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via the feedback form at the end of this policy. You may also wish to leave a comment on one of our posts by means of a third party, such as Facebook or Disqus. Please be aware that you may be sharing information with these other networks;
Social Media Widgets
Single Sign On
- You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like these also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Service to your social media profile page to share with others within your network.
- TravelsOnlines may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
Questions/Your Privacy Rights
634 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022